Monday, August 31, 2020

Xavier Lopez Performance #21 General: Oracion Al Borde del Apocalipsis (Prayer at the Edge of Apocalypse.) 2019.

 


Flyer for Oracion Al Borde del Apocalipsis (Prayer at the Edge of Apocalypse), front and back cover.


Flyer for Oracion Al Borde del Apocalipsis (Prayer at the Edge of Apocalypse), inside.



The performance was part of the three-month exhibition: Brighter Future--To be heard. To be seen. To be free. I had some paintings in the exhibition, but was much more excited to have been asked to do a performance. At this point, we did not yet know about Covid, and I do remember thinking at the time that the title that I gave to the performance seemed kind of over-the-top and yet. There was a feeling that something was happening. There was a feeling that something was coming and that it wasn't good.

I knew that this piece needed to be a prayer, my favorite prayer, one in Spanish that I was taught when I was very young by my mother and remember to this day.  I have also been wanting to do a crawling ghost piece, originally planned to circle the Seattle Art Museum--I still hope to do a ghost performance there sometime this year. 



List of artists who were part of this exhibition. 







Our team for the upcoming "On The Edge: Second Latinx [erformance Art Festival, postponed, at this point, indefinitely, but actually 'til sometime in 2021.   





Photo taken before the event at the historic King Street Station. 



Announcement on the Arts & Culture, Seattle WA Gov page. 




Ghost at the King Street Station.



Prayer at the Edge of Apocalypse is a continuation of the sheet ghost performances and sculptures that began in the 80's. 

No comments: